Welcome to the COH Worship auditions page.
Below you will find the requirements we look for in prospective members. First and foremost, flexibility is a must. Each serving member will be required to know the music well, though the arrangement may change.
Experienced Background Vocalist:
- Must be able to sing high and low harmonies by ear. Also need to have strong abilities as a leading presence on stage.
- Minimum 1 year experience doing background harmonies and/or lead vocals on a worship team or live performance.
- Artistic timing. When to sing and when not to.
- Total proficiency on your instrument is a must.
- Minimum of 1 year experience playing as a regularly serving member of a worship team or live performance.
- Must be able to play from a chord sheet, in any key, and transpose
- Sensitivity to the Spirit – ability to follow the worship leader in the Spirit during worship. (things may change on the fly. With the exception of drums, you must bring your own instrument and gear.
- Artistic timing. When to play and when not to.
- Keys: Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn MIDI and computer programming, ability to play pad and keys with versatile knowledge of patches to be used in any song.
- Lead Guitar: Ability to play signature lead lines and creative filling as needed while staying in the tone and feel of the song, not only rhythm electric. Good gear, good tone and good knowledge of effects and how/when to use them.
- Drummers: Must be able to play with click track, while hitting all the changes, stops, and key beats.
- Audio Visual, Sound and Lighting: Experience preferred but we are a teaching church. Contact worship leader for an interview.
How to Audition:
The first phase of auditions is to examine yourself deeply with the questions on the intro page. We would also like to invite you to attend a worship rehearsal on a Sunday morning to observe. After you have done so, please contact the COH worship leader both in person and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can move forward in the audition process.
If you have any questions, concerns or are struggling, don`t hesitate to contact the worship leader at email@example.com. COH Worship has many opportunities for growing Worship team members.
Click the instrument or position you are interested in for the songs you will be required to learn before your audition.